Table of Contents
When you hear about intermittent fasting, what rings in your mind? Do you have an idea of what these two words stand for? Today, this piece will take you through everything you need to know about intermittent fasting. Ready to learn more? Let’s get started.
What is intermittent fasting?
It is a process of cycling in and out of periods of eating and not eating. This means there are specific times you are eating, and there are moments you are fasting.
Although intermittent fasting is linked to weight loss, it is less a diet and more of a lifestyle choice in order to reap some health benefits.
Different intermittent fasting methods
- 5:2: If you decide to follow this method, you usually eat five days a week, and the remaining two days you fast. Although you will fast, you will still eat, but you will have to keep between 500 and 600 calories.
- Eat-stop-eat: With this method, you restrict all food for 24 hours, once or twice a week.
- 16:8: Now, this method requires you to eat all your daily calories within 6 to 8 hours and then fasting for the remaining 14 to 16 hours. You can repeat this daily or a few times a week.
- Bulletproof intermittent fasting: This method is similar to the 16/8 method. The only difference is that you take a cup of Bulletproof Coffee in the morning. Taking a cup of coffee makes you feel fuller for longer hence making it possible to be in a fasting state.
Health benefits of intermittent fasting
There are many health benefits to reap by switching to intermittent fasting. Below we have listed some of the most powerful benefits:
- Increases energy
- Boosts weight loss
- Promotes longevity
- Makes cells more resilient
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Promotes cellular repair and autophagy
- Improves memory and boosts brain function
- Reduces insulin resistance and protects against type II diabetes
- Protects against neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
You can learn more here about the incredible benefits of intermittent fasting.
How to intermittent fast
It is never an easy task to embark on an intermittent fasting diet. In most cases, you will feel like continuing with your old lifestyle. But if serious, the best and easier way is to get started with the diet, a 16:8 style where you start your day by drinking Bulletproof coffee. During this time, you eat nothing after dinner, and you have to wait until lunchtime the next day; hence, you get enough hours to fast.
Adding Brain Octane Oil and grass-fed butter to your morning cup of coffee makes sure your body has sufficient energy, and you feel fuller for longer. Now because proteins and carbs are not part of your meals, it is easy for you to remain in fasting state without your body going into starvation mode. The healthy fats from Brain Octane Oil and grass-fed butter stops your body from going into the starvation mode.
Basically, most people will have no problem intermittent fasting every day. Although some people will have some issues at the start, experimenting until you see what works for you and what does not work is the key to successful intermittent fasting.
Below is a sample intermittent fasting schedule you can try:
- Step 1: Finish dinner by 8 pm.
- Step 2: Grab a cup of Bulletproof Coffee in the morning.
- You can grab another cup before 2 pm if you get hungry.
- Step 2.5: Work out (optional)
- This is not necessary for weight loss or intermittent fasting. But if you are going to work out, exercise just before breaking your fast.
- Step 3: Eat a high-fat, moderate protein, low-carb lunch at 2 pm.
- Step 4: Don’t worry about counting calories, but try not to snack between meals. Save your carbs for dinner, and finish eating by 8 pm.